The problem is that korganizer has no understanding of "delegated calendar", it mostly do the right, because organizator/attendee is unique. But this approch will fail if there are events with both (delegator and delegated person) are in.
john doe is the delegated person of johanna kuster
if we have no evets with einer doe or kuster as organisator/ or attendee -> no problem
when we have an event with both, that kontact do not know what to do.
Delagtion was already setup and jane has delegated her rights to john (so john can act on behalf of jane)
Operating on an existing event:
- john opens janes calender
- john sees janes status as "needs action"
- john accepts the calender for jane
- jane has accepted event in calendar
- the organizer has an email about the participation status of jane
For delegation we setup multiple identities (one for each delegator). If we now get an invitation where both the delegator and our own identity is invited, kontact just picks a random identity.
Instead it should allow us to choose with which identity we want to act on the invitation, and allow us to act for multiple identities (even if consecutively only)
if john is the organizer and has the shared folders of jane, john can accept on behalf of jane by simply changing the status in the incidenceeditor.
- An update email is sent to jane (who isn't the organizer). This is probably correct in our responsibility as organizer to keep participants up to date.
- No email is sent to ourselves, meaning our copy of the event becomes outdated and john therefore never sees the updated status of jane on the event.
test with D52 and so far it works like i expect:
john adds jane identity.
john creates a event with jane as attendee and himself as organizer
mail is sent without a dialog as john (organizer)
john modify the event and after press save he is ask if he wants to act as jane or john
both ways lead to an email ither from john to jane or the other way around
john sees the mails in this outbox / in his inbox if is a mail jane -> john
john deletes the event
john acts as john and jane gets a cancel mail.