The configuration app registers a new item "Settings" in the main navigation which renders a preferences panel where users can adjust various settings for Roundcube Next. See the [[/w/roundcube-next/apps/configuration/ | feature specification] for details.
This app already provides some general settings used throughout all apps:
- Date/time format
It also registers an Ember service config to the application which can be used to retrieve stored user preferences and maybe other system settings.
- Andrew is currently in Singapore for a business trip
- He wants to adjust the timezone of his webmail client to see dates relative to the local time
- He selects "Settings" from the main navigation
- He navigates to "Preferences" and then "General"
- From the drop-down menu next to the "Timezone" label he selects "GMT +08:00 Asia/Singapore"
- He presses the "Save" button to store the new timezone (*)
- A confirmation message tells him the settings have been updated
NOTE: * Omitting the Save button is probably subject to UX decisions.
NOTE: The settings view is subject to be re-visited after the UX design process has been completed. This is how the view can be structured for starters: https://roundcube.net/images/screens/settings.jpg