When marking a message as read in a shared mailbox, no events are triggered by Cyrus. As opposed to marking a message read in a personal folder where a "MessageRead" is sent out.
Here's the IMAP log from the operation in question where no events got recorded in the log:
C: A0005 SELECT "Shared Folders/shared/Collected" S: * 2 EXISTS S: * 0 RECENT S: * FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen) S: * OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen \*)] Ok S: * OK [UNSEEN 2] Ok S: * OK [UIDVALIDITY 1429518712] Ok S: * OK [UIDNEXT 3] Ok S: * OK [HIGHESTMODSEQ 16] Ok S: * OK [URLMECH INTERNAL] Ok S: * OK [ANNOTATIONS 65536] Ok S: A0005 OK [READ-WRITE] Completed C: A0006 UID STORE 2 +FLAGS.SILENT (\Seen) S: A0006 OK Completed
Steps to reproduce and test:
- Enable event notifications for Cyrus (event_notifier: log in /etc/imapd.conf)
- Create a "Shared Mail Folder" in Webadmin enabled for email receiving:
- Folder Name: Collected
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Recipient(s) Access List: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IMAP Access Rights: anyone (lrswiptn)
- Log in as regular user email@example.com
- Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscribe to the shared folder "Shared Folders/shared/Collected"
- Open the message list of the shared folder in mail view
- Mark the new test message as read
- Check logs in /var/log/maillog
- Log entry from notifyd with "event":"MessageRead"
- uri paramater of the JSON content starts with imap://<hostname>/shared/Collected%40example.org