The defaults for the invitation policy currently work out as follows:
- John invites Jane to a meeting in a conference room called "First Floor" (this is a Resource),
- Wallace accepts the invitation on behalf of Jane, using the default, global invitation policy,
- Wallace accepts the reservation request for the conference room "First Floor".
Now, this is where it gets tricky, and I believe we can and should update the defaults to match a better narrative.
Jane, the attendee of this new meeting, experiences the following:
- The event is added to Jane's calendar:
- But Jane does not receive a notification:
John, the organizer of this event, is interested to learn who is and who is not attending;
- John receives two individual replies. One for Jane, and one for the conference room:
- However, John's agenda is not updated. This is to say that the copy of the event residing in John's calendar is not updated:
- John would have to click on each individual meeting response in order to update the event in his calendar.