I first assign this task to you to coordinate finding insights; We'll want to figure out how downstream (Kolab) can work with upstream (KDE).
* Moving all work, structure and management upstream -- possibly mutually exclusive with us structuring and managing a process downstream, and possibly under different leadership / accountability.
* Keeping all work, structure and management for Kolab downstream, while also working on KDE upstream (despite whatever upstream structure and/or management or lack thereof).
* Modify Phabricator and/or create a Phabricator extension to allow a level of integration with an upstream project's instance (such as a project "upstream" much like today we employ "sprint").
* Some upstream projects are evaluating Phabricator. Phabricator instances cannot currently be linked.
* While the upstream Phabricator instance apparently employs the WikiMedia Sprint extension, we may or may not have access to or control over the process, and/or whether scrum/sprints are being used for each individual software development process upstream.
* Other upstream projects use Bugzilla. Phabricator does not integrate with Bugzilla.
* ... probably some other considerations I cannot think of right now.